Unfortunately, statistics show that most of us will be involved in a car accident at some point in our lives. While most accidents are relatively minor, traffic accidents often leave victims with life-changing and disabling injuries. If you are struggling to recover from soft tissue injuries after a car accident, chiropractic treatment and physiotherapy can help you regain mobility and strength while reducing your pain.
Treatment for Car Accident Injuries
Your customized treatment plan may use an array of exercises and techniques that are designed to reduce pain and increase your range of motion. Potential techniques may include:
- Stretching exercises to improve your range of motion.
- Cervical unit, a machine that allows your therapist to add weight to the exercise. Moving your neck back and forth against the resistance can help improve range of motion and strengthen 11 muscles in the neck.
- Resistance bands can help you improve strength in your shoulders, back, and neck.
- Ice therapy and heat stimulation can relieve your neck pain and sooth muscles.
- Ultrasound therapy is used in conjunction with stretching and exercises to gently relax spinal muscles and warm soft tissues while boosting circulation.
- Therapeutic massage sessions.
- Chiropractic manipulation. Depending on the nature of your injuries, chiropractic treatment can help restore proper function and alignment of the spine and complement other treatments like massage therapy and physical therapy.
Is Treatment Covered by Insurance?
Insurance companies and personal injury attorneys may be skeptical about physical therapy and chiropractic care, especially if the care is costly and the treatment plan lasts for some time. As with any other type of medical care after your car accident, it's important to have your treatment documented as necessary and tied to your car accident. Once you begin physical therapy, be sure you attend all of your scheduled sessions, especially if you are involved in a personal injury lawsuit.
The same applies to chiropractic care after a car accident. Most major medical insurance plans cover chiropractic care and physical therapy, although the specific number of visits, whether a referral is necessary, and the amount covered depends on your plan.
If you have any questions about whether your physical therapy or chiropractic treatment will be covered, please feel free to contact us.
Schedule an Appointment
If you have been involved in a car accident, even if it was seemingly minor, you may be left with injuries that do not present themselves for weeks or injuries that lead to life-changing consequences if they aren't treated properly and as soon as possible. Contact ChiroFit to schedule your initial appointment for an examination and customized treatment plan that includes physiotherapy, massage therapy, and chiropractic care to relieve your pain and restore proper function to your body.
The first of three keys to human movement we wi...
Chirofit, the leader in manual and chiro...
Tips for Avoiding Back Injury in the Gym The la...
How to Fix My Pinched Nerve Pinched nerves can ...
Back pain is often chronic and it may range fro...